Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For those who'd rather have measles, diphtheria, pertussis, polio ... still around

There are too many otherwise intelligent people risking their kids' lives by buying into the unfounded idea that vaccines cause autism. It's one of those issues that, for some reason, makes proponents blind to any chance of actual reasoning. I get upset with it too easily (after all, I pretty much consider it child abuse) to be very patient with the anti-vaccine crowd. However, a fellow MD-student at her blog, Heal Spiel, has an amazing rebuttal to an anti-vaccine proponent. Glad to see support of reason in the medical field.

1 comment:

  1. I know somebody with several children who refuses to vaccinate her kids. It gets me pretty upset to think that she's putting her and others' children at risk for preventable illnesses, but nothing I do or say changes her mind, so I guess that's that.

    ReplyDelete